When Can You Get Health Insurance Coverage?
The Open Enrollment Period (OEP) for 2023 starts November 1, 2022. This period is the time each year when you can apply for health coverage on the healthcare marketplace. You can shop around for the best plan for you and your family or switch plans if you already have health insurance, all at healthcare.gov.
Getting Ready to Apply for 2023 Coverage
If you’re planning to apply for health coverage for 2023, here are a few things you can do to get ready:
- Check if you and your family members are eligible for coverage now through the Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You can do this by contacting a Covering Central Florida Navigator, or by visiting the HealthCare.gov marketplace.
- Gather information about your household income and expenses. You’ll need to provide this information when you apply for coverage.
- Determine the type of coverage that’s right for you and your family. There are different types of health plans available, so be sure to compare your options before you decide.
- Once the Marketplace opens, you can begin the application process.
By taking these steps, you can be sure that you’re prepared for health coverage in 2023.
Tips on Making the Most of Open Enrollment
Now is a great time to review your options and make sure you are getting the best possible coverage. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your time:
- Review your current health insurance plan. Make sure you understand what your plan covers and what it doesn’t. This will help you determine if you need to make any changes.
- Compare your current health coverage to other plans available. This will help you decide if switching plans is right for you.
- Consider your health care service needs when choosing a health insurance plan. Make sure the plan you choose covers the services you need and that it fits into your budget.
- Get help if you need it. There are many resources available to help you understand your health insurance options and make the best choice for your needs. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to ask for help from a certified marketplace navigator who is familiar with health insurance.
Need to Enroll in or Change 2022 Coverage Still?
If you’ve recently lost your job, gotten married, or had a baby, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). This means you can sign up for health insurance outside of the usual period.
Our team of Marketplace Navigators is available free of charge to walk you through the process of determining coverage needs, sorting plans, and all the way to you getting enrolled. This process can be confusing and our Navigators are here to help make it as easy as possible for you. They will answer any questions you have and help guide you through each step so that you can find the best health insurance plan for your needs.