What Happens If I Missed Open Enrollment?
If you missed the enrollment window, you may still be eligible to enroll for coverage. The Special Enrollment Period of the Health Insurance Marketplace runs from February 1 to October 31, 2017 and is available to those who have experienced one of the following life events in the past 60 days:
- Lost coverage through a job for any reason including retirement, being laid off, being fired, death of a spouse, death of a parent, or loss of COBRA.
- Lost Medicaid, Florida Kidcare, Medicaid Share of Cost, or premium-free Medicare.
- Moved to another country, state or from overseas.
- Gained employment such that you now qualify for Marketplace financial assistance.
- Turned 26 and aged off your parents’ health plan.
- Lost a student health plan.
- Gave birth to a child or adopted.
- Got married or got divorced, either of which affected your health coverage.
- Had a change in immigration status that made you newly eligible for the Marketplace.
- Were released from incarceration.
For a complete list and to see if you qualify, click here.
Central Florida Enrollment Help
Central Florida Navigators can help you with the process of determining eligibility and submitting the paperwork needed to enroll during the Special Enrollment Period. Contact us today!