Primary Care Access Network is looking to fill the full-time position of Project Director. This position provides overall leadership to the project. The Marketplace Navigator Project is a grant-funded program to assist and educate individuals, families, and community partners in understanding the Health Insurance Marketplace, part of the Affordable Care Act.
NOTE: Candidate must be able to pass a federal background check as well as ACA Navigator certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall implementation of project goals
- Media relations (radio, presentations, interviews, media contracts)
- Developing and maintaining community partnerships
- Analyzing and preparing grant reporting
- Reviewing grants and preparing quarterly budget modifications
- Track outcomes of navigator outreach activities and prepare monthly reports.
- Develop and conduct ongoing training with area Navigators to include monitoring and feedback to ensure compliance with grant activities as well as to ensure the delivery of fair and nonbiased insurance information to the appropriate target population.
- Works closely with partners from USF/CMC/HHS on-site visits and other programmatic requirements
- Computer skills – intermediate level or above required; ability to efficiently navigate the Internet and input data into applicable computer systems: familiarity with Google Docs, Sheets, presentations, database programs, and Zoom.
- Knowledge of social service programs and grants
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and appropriately with both peers and professionals, as well as consumers (individuals and families)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in diverse settings in the community
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be a self-starter and work with limited supervision
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with a graduate degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in healthcare or related field
- Bilingual skills are a plus (English/Spanish)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds
- Standing for extended periods
- Repetitive motions
- Extended periods viewing a computer screen
- Public speaking
The position will be in Orlando and report to Executive Director.
Starting salary $33 per hour with some benefits included.